What is an Online Memorial?
People have always created memorials to remember their loved ones and celebrate their lives. Now you and friends and relatives anywhere in the world can share precious memories by creating your own unique Online Memorial; a personalised tribute that’s a wonderful way to gather memories of someone special and allow their life to be remembered and celebrated.
You may like to watch our animation video below for information on an Online Memorial.
An Online Memorial
Share your memories by creating a personalised Online Memorial and create a unique commemoration to your loved one. Some of the options available to you:
- Funeral details – share information about the funeral, including the location and details of the service, with your family and friends
- Biography, photographs, videos, stories – share your favourite memories of your loved one and enable family and friends to share theirs by adding a lovely photograph you’ve never seen or a special story you’ve never heard
- Charitable donations – many people now choose to make donations to a specific charity in memory of a loved one. You can share details of a chosen charity and donations can be made to over 13,000 UK registered charities via JustGiving
- Lasting legacy – you can create a beautiful and lasting record and legacy for your family and friends and future generations by extending the Memorial or even designing a Memorial Book containing memories from the Online Memorial
Easy to create
Creating an Online Memorial is easy, no special skills or computer experience are required. There is a simple process to follow with online help and tutorials available to assist you throughout. You can then view and share your Memorial immediately.
Part of our service to you…
If you are arranging a funeral with us*, your Funeral Director will explain our Online Memorials and Funeral Notices services to you. If you would like to create an Online Memorial to your loved one, (and can supply us with your email address) we will provide you with this service at no charge. Your Online Memorial will be available to you for a three month period, and should you wish to extend it further then you can choose to purchase an additional period at the end of the first three months.
Safe and secure
You decide whether to allow private or public access to your Memorial. Private access allows you and the family and friends you select to see and contribute to your site. Public access allows everyone to view the information displayed on the site. You can also choose who can share information, so that there is no concern over receiving unwanted contributions. With the exception of messages of condolence, all contributions must be approved by you before they appear on the site.
Create a lasting legacy of your loved one with an Online Memorial that can include:
- Obituary - create your own tribute to your loved one
- Funeral details - share the details of the funeral with friends and family
- Condolences - allow both those who cannot attend the funeral and those who can to share their messages of sympathy and memories of your loved one
- Charitable donations - share the details of a chosen charity in memory of your loved one so family and friends can make in-memory donations via JustGiving
- Biography, photographs, videos, stories - create a unique commemoration to your loved one by adding as many stories as you wish as well as adding photographs and videos.
*Online Memorials are not included when arranging a Cremation Without Ceremony.